Tuesday: For tomorrow, think about which story you want to write, rewrite, and publish. You can choose from the Kittyzilla story prompt or The Call of the Wild story prompt. You do not have to write anything yet, but decide which story you will work up, and think about its story map and plot. We'll write this tomorrow, so bring your computer, if you'd like!
1) For tomorrow, bring your SSR for MAPs testing! If you would like to practice for the MAPs, find practice MAPs questions by clicking here.
2) For Friday, finish your stories, if you haven't already. Remember to include your best descriptive writing!
- Then, rewrite your stories in a Word document (not Pages!) so that it can check your spelling and grammar. If possible, read your story aloud to a family member or friend. This will help you correct any mistakes.
- Finally, publish your story on Ms. Nina's website by going to your page above (7A or 7B), and clicking comment or reply to the prompt. Copy-and-paste your story there.
1) Finish Wednesday's homework, if you haven't already.
2) Bring your SSR on Friday for a library day! Also be prepared to take a group photo of you with your children's book.
Friday: Go to Ms. Nina's website. Read at least 3 of your peers' stories about Kittyzilla or The Call of the Wild. Leave positive comments on at least 2 stories by hitting reply. Be sure to use complete sentences!
*Please note that 7C is exempt from all homework this week! These lucky students have successfully filled out 5 punch passes for exceptional performance, which means we get to celebrate their awesomeness by having a movie and popcorn party. We are watching Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. Congratulations, 7C! (Also please note that 7A and 7B will enjoy a movie and popcorn party when they have filled out their punch passes, which should be any time now...)