On the first day of school, evidence of active reading is due. To do this, you must complete the worksheets attached and you must show that you have actively read both books by presenting your book with individual, unique annotations. To do so, follow the instructions below:
1. Highlight important information, such as:
- Characters: insights into characters' personalities, motivations, plot development, and important changes.
- Plot: important events that move the plot forward
- Theme: identify possible themes, including visibility/invisibility, friendship, courage, kindness, family, etc.
- Point being, your pages should not be covered in highlighter!
3. Summarize each chapter (approximately 3-5 sentences) on a sticky note, and place the sticky note at the end of the corresponding chapter.
Your 8th grade teacher, Ms. Maria, will collect your books and review your annotations, checking especially for individual, unique, thoughtful annotations. In other words, be sure that your annotations are your own