- How did the first US Army come about? Who led it? (Hint: It's the guy pictured here...)
- What was significant about the Battle of Bunker Hill in terms of location, casualties, and strategy?
- According to the textbook, who wanted peace: the Colonists or Britain? Why do you think they wanted peace more than the other side?
- Summarize the excerpt from Thomas Paine's "Common Sense." What was Paine saying? What was his tone?
- Who was Thomas Jefferson?
Read pp. 104-105, starting with the paragraph before The Battle of Bunker Hill. Answer the following comprehension questions:
9A is Ms. Nina's 9th grade class! Check back here to see what we're working on.