Just like Marjane Satrapi created a cartoon about her life during the revolution, you now will create a cartoon about your life.
GOAL: You must describe a metaphor. To do so, you must use one theme (growing up, rebellion, transition, leaving what’s comfortable, etc.) and describe how it relates to 1) your life and 2) your surroundings (Myanmar, MIS, your friends, or your family, etc.).
For example, in The Cigarette, Marjane uses the theme “killing the enemy within” to herself (by smoking a cigarette) and to the revolution (by showing that the revolution leaders are killing their own people, such as Uncle Anoosh).
Write this comparison into a cartoon, just like Marjane Satrapi. Use dialogue and narration.
GRADING: This project is worth 100 points.
· 50 points for writing and grammar
· 25 points for appropriate metaphor
· 25 points for cartoons and effort
- Your script (dialogue and narration) is due Monday, March 23. We will do peer edits to review for grammar.
- Your final cartoon (with all illustrations and words) is due Monday, March 30.