- Answer the Comprehension Questions on p. 68 in paragraph form, which means you must answer in complete sentences with at least 3-5 sentences to answer each questions. Use the text to support your answers.
- Draw a comic book that summarizes the main events in Act 1. Include summaries for each scene (1-7) and some of Shakespeare's quotes throughout.
- Write a screenplay (a script) summarizing Act 1. Adapt your screenplay to a different era, such as modern times, the 1950s, or the future. (3 pages)
- Write 2 letters: 1) Macbeth's letter to Lady Macbeth, and 2) a response from Lady Macbeth to Macbeth about her plan for his prophesy. (In the play, Lady Macbeth does not respond by letter, because Macbeth returns to the castle shortly thereafter.)
- Analyze the role of the witches. Are they evil? neutral? Are they responsible for Macbeth's actions? Or they just fortune tellers? State your opinion and defend it with support from the text. (2 pages)
What happened in Act 1? Summarize your understanding of the twisted beginning of this classic tale by choosing one of the following options:
DUE THURSDAY. Please have it printed out BEFORE class starts.
9A is Ms. Nina's 9th grade class! Check back here to see what we're working on.