Now it's your turn. Write your own revolution story!
Your story must be original, but you can follow Orwell’s story model, which we summarized in class last week and which you wrote about in your one-paragraph summaries.
That model included:
- Two groups, one which was oppressed (the animals), and the other which was the oppressor (humans, specifically Mr. Jones). You can write about whatever groups you want to. Some examples we came up with in class were: students vs. teachers, kids vs. adults, humans vs. zombies, ants vs. people, princesses vs. evil rulers, etc.
- Secret meetings.
- A belief system similar to Animalism, which was founded on the Seven Commandments.
- Persuasive propaganda, such as Beasts of England.
- An event that starts the revolution. Recall that in Animal Farm, that event was when Mr. Jones came home drunk and neglected (failed to care for properly) the hungry animals.
- A REVOLUTION!!
Your story must be:
- at least 2 pages long (typed or written)
DUE: Monday, January 20
WORTH: 30 points