- Does it have a subject?
- Does it have a predicate?
- Does it start with a capital letter?
- Does it end with punctuation?
- Does it convey a complete thought?
Identify which of the following are sentence fragments. Explain why it is a fragment sentence:
1. Fears vampire bats.
2. Most horror tales about vampire bats are not true.
3. Although they do bite other animals.
Make each phrase fragment part of a complete sentence by adding commas where needed:
1. Humans have kept dogs. For centuries.
2. Herding sheep and cattle and guarding property. Many dogs more than earn their keep.
3. A well-trained border collie. Syd is a great help around the ranch.
Make a complete sentence from each of the following subordinate clauses:
1. Who inspires me.
2. Because I enjoy acting.
3. Before I bought tickets to the play.